Agriculture & Bioprocessing
With 2,640 food manufacturing and bioprocessing companies, Illinois is well-equipped to turn the state’s crops and livestock into food and industrial products.
Illinois boasts some of the world’s most fertile and diverse land, and with more than $17.2 billion in total value of agricultural products sold and more than 27 million acres of land, we are your agricultural destination with a vast number of food processing, food science, and agriculture-related industries. With 2,640 food manufacturing companies, Illinois is also well-equipped to turn the state’s crops and livestock into food and industrial products.
We have access to farmers as customers and farms as testbeds.
Local Assets and Facilities
- USDA Rural Development
- Midwest Inland Port
- National Foodworks Services
- Illinois College of Aces
- Dwayne O. Andreas Ag Academy
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Realizing Increased Photosynthetic Efficiency (RIPE)
- Integrated Bioprocessing Research Laboratory (IBRL)
- Feed Technology Center
- Center for Digital Agriculture (CDA)
- Illinois Autonomous Farm