We are generating clean energy for generations to come and pursuing profits while also contributing to the good of all society.
Committed to sustainability, we believe that all our Mid-Illinois industries are capable of supporting long-term value through economic, environmental, and social development. Not only are we generating clean energy for generations to come, but we are pursuing profits while also contributing to the good of all society.
Alternative Energy Projects and Assets:
- The Center for Advanced Bioenergy and Bioproducts Innovation (CABBI)
- Illinois Commerce Commission’s Solar Pipeline Training Program
- Lincoln Land Energy Center
- DOE NETL PRI Carbon Capture
- Double Black Diamond-Largest Solar Farm in Illinois
- DOE Industrial Carbon Capture and Storage (ICCS) Project
Sustainability as part of our SMART future infrastructure
Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit
will utilize biogas from food waste and sewage treatment to produce renewable natural gas as clean fuel in public transportation vehicles.
Three large carbon capture projects in the region will reduce carbon dioxide emissions from industrial processes.
Mid-Illinois is home to the future Illinois EV Innovation Hub which will focus on electric vehicle and component manufacturers around electrification, energy innovation, policy and technology.